Virginia’s annual Tax Free Weekend is coming up this weekend, August 7th through 9th. Over the course of the weekend, you can shop tax free on school supplies, clothing under $100, emergency preparedness items, and EnergyStar™ and WaterSense™ products.
From Virginia Tax, here’s a short list of qualifying items:
- School supplies, clothing and footwear:
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products:
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness products – $60 or less per item
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products:
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for non-commercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item.
For more information on the sales tax holiday, visit the Virginia Tax website by clicking here.